There will always be more questions about branding than there will be answers. But knowing exactly what your brand is and isn’t will increase your audience.
One important thing to keep in mind… Your brand is the core of your marketing, the central theme around your products and services.
Your brand is not your Logo or your Company Name alone. Instead, your brand is the perception of who you are to the people that believe in you and what your selling.
For customers to buy from you, your brand needs to be crystal clear, attractive, and powerful. In fact, your brand needs to be powerful enough to rouse your customers into action. Express passion and uniqueness to show endearment.
Once you’re sure of your brand you gain a tangible and easy way of talking to people about what you do. Your marketing becomes easier when you have it clear in your mind what you’re selling in the first place.
When establishing your brand you to inspire people. Why should they choose you over your competitors?
Here are five useful tips to help you find your brand:
Your brand is the core of what you do.
* What feelings or emotions does your business inspire in you and in your customers?
* People base their decision to buy on emotions, not facts. That’s a fact!
Think about how you present yourself, not just on your online but when people see you, talk to you on the phone, or read your emails.
* Is your message consistent in saying what you want it to?
* Are people getting confusing signals from you, or is it clear from the start what you do?
* And what you can you do for them?
Think like your potential customer, try to get inside their head and see your products or services from their point of view.
* How do they experience what you do
* How does it make them feel?
* What do they value as a person? (You have to think hard on this one)
What is it you do that makes you stand out from the crowd?
Your ability to relate to the average person needs to be flexible. As time goes on people change, attention spans get smaller, and technology get better, etc. You need to be different in the world when everyone does the same old thing. If you keep doing the same old thing, you’re going to get the same old results.
Your brand is your perceived unique strengths and abilities to provide for your customers.
* What are your best abilities?
* Do you know your greatest strengths?
* Choose an unbiased person, someone who knows you well… ask them what your top attributes are.
* How would they describe you?
When you understand what your brand is and who needs it, you can become endearing. The best brands are not afraid to show they care. The best brands will go out of their way to make you happy.
And endearing brand turns into something long lasting. When you show that you care, your brand becomes enduring. It will continue on with legacy.
With all the right qualities, a brand that goes out of their way to show they care about their customers… something funny happens. The brand takes on a new life. It becomes a runaway brand.
Imagine for a moment… Your devoted customers love your brand so much they will pay extra for it, travel far to get it, and will tell everyone they know about it.
Your customers become your brand.